Does English as a language play so important and shows elitisim role even post-colonial? English Vinglish movie starring Sridevi, directed by Gauri Shinde answers it beautifully. The movie carries beautiful messages such as –
1. Never think any person is small or underestimate the presence because one got a better command over a language or expertise. Never take your close one’s always for granted. The agony of English speaking people at non-English speaking country is same as non-English people in English speaking country.
2. Value each one’s work and you get valued for your thought.
3. Criticism and vital incidents makes people to self-discover and adds confidence about their personality.
4. Is the language is a barrier to communicate our emotions? One of the best scene (I personal adored) was Sridevi saying about her feelings in Hindi to her chef friend Laurent, who replies back in French, is it about language barrier? The scene is shot such a way that, the audience could connect with emotions and understand their body language.
5. One needs to help himself or herself to achieve and perhaps its best way to shine and stand out among the criticism.Associate yourself with great motivators and better people than you, you will always find yourself better positioned.
Go watch this one with your family! Amrita Foundation wishes you and your family a great life ahead!