Today we have an energetic editor, a mother, working woman and wonderful personality – Mrs. Rajashree Ghosh for an interview.
- Let me start with an interesting question of self-concept, who is Rajashree Ghosh?
Rajashree is life; a small part of the big journey and I have a long way to travel… I am a nomad at heart, a non-conformist of many rules, a romantic at heart and I mostly look for self-motivation when I am down because if I think I can, I probably can. At times when I’m the underdog, I still prepare a victory speech. After all, you never know when I get to use it!
- I see that you have interest in reading, editing and partially writing, what fascinates you among three and why?
All three actually as all are unique in their own way and gives me immense pleasure and helps me to challenge myself and broaden my horizon so that I can push my own boundaries.
- If you have to redo choice of life, what you would like to?
Would love to travel the world and be a travel writer!
- How was your experience of editing Black, Grey and White; Title is Untitled; Umbilical Cord; She: Ekla Cholo Re and yet to launch book, He Who Dreams?
It was a pleasure editing different books that belong to different genre. I always look forward to the next book wondering what it has in store – the very fact that I would be the first person to unravel it gives me sheer pleasure!
- Which one is your favorite? Why?
I liked all the books as each one is different from the other.
- I understand that you are a full time wife to your hubby, full time mother to Hiya and also has devoted your time to your work as a writer/ editor. What do you think that mothers who otherwise feel stuck in the four walls should do?
Don’t feel claustrophobic without trying to find your own calling! Be the ‘queen’ of your life and continue to be the rolling stone that gathers no moss. It may not be easy always but it’s not impossible. I too have my days when I feel ‘stuck’ but I know it’s up to me to find inspiration and move on. Please don’t give up without trying and learn from your children how to enjoy life!
She can be contacted : Rajashree Ghosh